Monday 30 June 2008

Posters

These are taken from an exhibition at Central St Martins College of Art & Design, which is part of the University of London. This is based in Holborn, in central London, and although I'd walked past this building many times over the years I hadn't realsied they had a free gallery inside. Doh!

Ditto to their branch in Charing Cross Road, but I'll visit that one again later. As I will return to here, and take more photos if I like what's on show.

As it happens I particularly like these old sort of twentieth century posters, and was pleased that nobody was around to stop me using my camera.






















This one I really did like:




This snap I took to show how run down, that is under-funded,
places like this gallery space is.



You wouldn't have thought this one was from the thirties...
how 'Leather Man Gay!'




Anything football is great in my book!
From 1935, by someone called Paul Nash.



No comments: